Friday, October 11, 2013

Setting Up Shop

2nd Week of October

Our house has become a carpenter's workshop.  Band saws are set up in several rooms, being used to cut all the window, door and baseboard trim.

Work table set up in the Garage
It's great that there is so much "indoor" work to keep the carpenters busy now.  Wood trim arrived on Monday. Tuesday was spent prime-painting it all.  You can see it stacked on the floor of the Garage (above).

Makeshift tables are set up throughout the house.  Trim around windows and doors is going up quickly.

Family Room, with trim around the windows, and baseboard at the floor
The trim profiles are simple, relatively flat pieces, with a rounded shape at one edge.

Living Room
I took these pictures at about 6:00 pm yesterday.  Between the overcast sky and our shorter days, it is almost dark out now when I get home.  (Most of the pictures I have taken throughout the house construction have been taken during the week, between 6 and 7 in the evening.)  I will have to do most of my picture-taking on the weekends from now on.

With most work happening inside now, and machines and equipment to safeguard, the builder locks up the house at the end of each day.

2nd floor Hallway
Today the doors arrived.  I know what I will be taking pictures of tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment