Sunday, September 29, 2013

Turning the Corner

The Very End of September

I have had a flurry of blogs in the past few days.  Only because there has been a flurry of activity on the house.  With all my excitement about the insulation and drywall going on inside the house, I have not done justice to the fact that the stonework on the front of the house has finally started.
Stonework in progress
The picture above shows the mason and his helper.  They showed up Saturday morning, and worked until dusk.  I am glad to see that there is only one mason doing the work.  And he is taking his time.
Stone water table @ the Garage - one day's work
Stone water table - turning the corner of the Garage
It may not look like a lot, but I'm glad to see his careful attention to the work.  The stone is being laid just as we want - size, shape and color distribution of stone - all good!  (We do keep trying to remind him to minimize the mortar joints.)

I can't gauge how long it will take him to finish the facade.  But if I were to guess, I would say at least a couple of weeks.  And that's fine with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment