Thursday, July 25, 2013

Benchmarks for Picture Posterity

Even before this adventure started I knew I would be taking A LOT of pictures.  I decided to establish "viewpoints" on every side of the property.  About once a week I walk around the yard and take a picture from the same spot, a benchmark of sorts.  I am hoping in the end, I will be able to create a slideshow from these reference points, and the house will appear to grow before your eyes.


Camera View Points
 You might have noticed that a few of the pictures I have included in blogs are from some of these vantage points.  Every viewpoint is from a place I can easily go back to, typically a tree.  I cover all sides of the house: WEST(left side from Carol St standing between 2 small trees), NORTH (rear, standing just in front of the Buddha), EAST (right side from Carol St standing by a very large tree on our neighbor's property) and SOUTH (front, standing in front of a tree in our yard).  

Then there are other views that give a good perspective, or just seem appropriate, like the Mailbox.

Following are one picture taken from each viewpoint.  Each picture shows more development.

View from WEST side of property (after the fire)
 

View from NORTH side of property (back yard, during demolition)


NORTHEAST view with foundation forms in place

EAST view toward Garage foundation and slab

SOUTHEAST view from Driveway, looking toward Garage


SOUTH view of house facade, with first layer of roof felt




No comments:

Post a Comment